Monday, June 30, 2008

Reveal

Elena napped in her pack-n-play in Elias' room yesterday so that we could bring in the big girl bed without her seeing it. We took out the crib, changing table/dresser and her armoire. We then brought in the bed and new dresser/changing table. The bed didn't go where I thought it would (where the crib was), so we had to also move the dresser from where I had planned. Today I did a few more things (took down teacup shelves and hung pictures) and tomorrow I plan to hang the teacups back up over the new dresser on new pink shelves and add birds to her curtains.

When we brought her in, she ran in saying "Big Bed! Big Girl Bed! In!" Then she got distracted when she saw her noise machine under the bed. So she had to go over to it and turn it on the rainforest setting so that she could hear birds. Then she noticed the birds hanging from the ceiling- I think that is her favorite part of the room. I knew there would be something magical about that and am so glad I went ahead and got those!



BEFORE (taken from her door)



BEFORE (taken from her closet)


AFTER (taken from her door)



AFTER (taken from her closet)



AFTER (taken from her window)



Close Up of artwork I did (I used contrasting scrapbook papers and cut out birds- I have close ups of each one if you are really interested in seeing them)



Close Up of mobile hanging above rocking chair



Close Up of bird hanging in the corner near bed



"night night!"



"Look Mommy- I see birds!"



"I love this bed!"


Asleep last night- all we could see was the fuzzy top of her head!


We thought that moving Elena to a big bed would be one of the tests of her personality and compliance. We have a "do not get out of bed rule" in our house. We wondered if Elena would test this rule, and we were ready to fight the battle if need be. So far so good! We put her to bed last night and she went right to sleep and waited for me once she woke up this morning. Same thing at nap today and bedtime tonight. Yeah Elena! :)

7 comments:

keeprunnin said...

Well that is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Elena. I'm so proud of her! The room looks great. Can't wait to see it in person!!

Aunt Jenny

Tiffany Leininger said...

Her room is adorable! I think you did an awesome job redoing the dresser and creating the bed! Very cute! I didn't know you were so artsy. It's beautiful! Happy Birthday, Elena!!

amypfan said...

I love it! Quite seriously, have you ever considered a career in interior design? The stuff you come up with is WAY cuter than most of the things you see in the store!

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done!

Millers said...

You outdid yourself once again. I love everything. I sure hope that we will be able to see it someday. Happy Birthday little one. We love you and miss you. The Millers

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, it is BEAUTIFUL!! I wish my girls rooms were this pretty!!